Friday, January 16, 2015

Gurka Prestige


I received two of these gems as a part of a sampler package just before Christmas. They have mild written all over them.

That was my first impression as I took my first deep draw...very mild.

It lit easily and is burning very nicely. It builds a nice, long ash and has absolutely no bitterness.
At about an inch of ash I started to notice a very subtle coffee like taste that slowly vanished as it reached the halfway point. From there, it was more of a softly tanned leather-like taste and aroma with a little bit of clove like smell added in.

This is a very fine smoke and will go on my list of cigars for special occasions.

As a rule, I like to smoke good, inexpensive cigars. This is a very nice treat. I haven't checked the pricing on buying a bundle of them, but know that Gurkas are usually above my everyday price range. I will have to save the other one for a time when I will be able to sit and enjoy a nice, long smoke,

John

No comments:

Post a Comment